Monday, January 5, 2009

i wanna go back.

One of my best friends just left for her honeymoon... and another one just returned. 2008 brought such joy and sorrow it is hard to fully wrap my head around the entirety of all that occurred. Aside from the actual act of get married and our wedding, going to Quamea, Fiji on my honeymoon, with my best friend and husband, was by far the highlight of the year. As the sleet comes down outside our office windows right now, Ryan just sent me these pics and as I look at them, I can't help but want to go play in the sand. We didn't want to do the typical honeymoon, (we didn't really lay by the beach - I think only once?) we got to explore, hike, skid down natural water slides, snorkel, make (good) friends with the amazing Fijians, drink from coconuts and try Kava, basket weave, attend a Fijian concert, tour a pearl farm, have a picnics on the beach, cliff jump, go into town and stand on the international dateline, swim in the waterfalls, get massages on the beach, Kayak and snorkel some more. Ryan and I like to play and take advantage, and I wouldn't have it any other way. We play hard and leave tired, but to us, that's the only way to do it.

2 comments:

anne h. alley said...

so sweet! i love that.

Anonymous said...

tearj jerker