Friday, May 15, 2009

grateful.


I have never been the greatest journaler of my thoughts... some of my friends are great at cataloguing their hearts on paper. I have made attempts at journaling my ideas & thoughts and always fall short either by forgetfulness or apathy. However, writing down 5 things that I am thankful for everyday has worked for me & revolutionized my outlook on life. It has taught me to look at my surroundings with a different set of eyes... being appreciate for the little things.... like clean drinking water, fresh food, compliments from others, or family...
It takes 1 minute everyday and gratitude really is the root to sincere & genuine happiness.
"Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude. " Denis Waitley
Happy weekend! Try it... we are blessed with an abundance of good.

No comments: