Tuesday, May 5, 2009

silk scarves.



There is something about scarfs that reminds me of summer... I guess its the carefree, boho hippie chic appeal of them. I'm not talking the trendy scarves that are all over the place, I am referring to the beautiful, silk, vintage scarfs that you can only get from your grandmother or at, well, a vintage store.

I have so many of my grandmother's silk scarfs... they, all too often, get put up in my hair or wrapped around a worn leather purse or bag, or thrown around my neck. (My most coveted one is her vintage Yves Saint Laurent navy & fuschia ditty.) I adore them not only because I feel so carefree and breezy with them, but because my grandmother wore them while perhaps doing the same things... washing the dishes, going on a walk, running the grocery store, or laying out in the warm sun.

I like to pretend that I am at least, a pinch of as glamourous as she was... I hate to admit it, but I think I am a 1950's housewife trapped in a modern working girl world. I do adore what I do for monies, but wow, I would love to be baking at home right about now.

here's to glam grannies...

No comments: