Tuesday, November 3, 2009

rosemary.

We have an overabundance of rosemary growing in our backyard, basically on the verge of taking over some of our flower beds. I love the aroma & look of fresh rosemary. It is has such a fragrant and comforting smell, with a rustic, organic feel to it's texture & subdued sage green hue. I have been putting it in pitchers and vases around the house & trying to come up with creative ways of using it because I cannot bear to have it go to waste. (My husband got pretty excited when he realized I was basically getting some yard work done for him.) I am quickly becoming obsessed with rosemary. It feels so festive paired with our white pumpkins, but I am really excited to use it for Christmas decorations. The smell is just divine. Pioneer Woman posted this yummy recipe for homemade, very buttery, scrumptious rosemary rolls. I can't wait to try it out.Buttered Rosemary Rolls:
Frozen, unbaked dinner rolls
Melted butter (regular, salted)
Fresh rosemary, coarsely chopped
Coarse sea salt
Spray a small iron skillet with cooking spray (or coat with olive oil). Place frozen rolls in the skillet, leaving plenty of room for rising. Cover and allow to rise for several hours.After rising, brush rolls with melted butter.Sprinkle on chopped rosemary.Brush with additional butter.Sprinkle with coarse sea salt.Bake according to roll package directions (usually 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes), until rolls are a deep golden brown on top.
Serve skillet on the table.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks yummy Mel! Always so creative!