Wednesday, December 30, 2009

here's to the new year...


On a short walk in the snow the other night {emphasis on short}, Ryan and I started talking about our favorite memories from 2009. When I look back on the year, without fail, all of my favorites were times without plan, agenda, or schedule... trips, specific days, or even seasons that we were able to just follow where they unknowingly led.... lazy days in the pool, road trips, nights on the couch, impromptu walks, and specifically one of my favorite nights on our trip up north east...

One night in Washington, DC, all the museums had closed; there are a few monuments we wanted to catch, but besides that, we were clueless. Ironically, that night, there happened to be a local vendor food market set up on a side street, so we wandered through and purchased, cheeses, breads, meats, fruits, crackers, breads, and homemade baked goods. We ran into a wine store, grabbed a bottle and some plastic cups, and made our way over to the "mall" area, made a little picnic by the Washington Monument, chatted, and watched the sunset. We, then, slowly meandered over to the Lincoln monument where we got to juts sit and soak it up... finally making our way over to the Vietnam monument and White House. It was pretty much perfect.

Nights like that make me wish life just went more slowly, more unplanned, more free... where we could just float along where ever the Lord might lead... seeing things and meeting people along the way... the way life was meant to be...

Here's to 2010: unplanned, unscheduled, and as a follower of the plan that we cannot control... but only be along on for the ride.

2 comments:

Katie and Justin Cox said...

Melanie! I can't for the life of me remember if I've left a little note on your blog before or not... so if I have and I said the exact same thing I am about to say... so sorry! BUT, your blog is such a sweet piece of my day. I love seeing what little musings you have to share with the rest of the world. You and Ryan are undeniably adorable and seem to have found the perfect match! I hope you have a very happy and unplanned New Year! :) Thanks for sharing your life with us!

abo-bder said...

شركة تنظيف خيام بالرياض
شركة تنظيف فرشات بالرياض
شركة تنظيف فرشات بالخرج