Monday, January 4, 2010

home videos.


Confession: I am obsessed with home videos... youtube marathons are my favorite past time, America's Funniest Home Videos is one of my favorite shows (in its 20th season, Congrats!), and whenever my sister-in-law and I are together, we sit in front of them for hours. I even pull up the old 1980's Bob Saget episodes just for my entertainment purposes. My dad seemed to always get stuck behind the video recorder, but we have him to thank for some of, what I would deem, the funniest comedic material you have ever witnessed.

I laugh at people's home videos for hours and literally laugh until there are tears in my eyes. I may or may not have been alone last night crying from laughter with severe stomach aches and I won't hide the fact that much of my sheer delight most of the time is at other people or animal's expense.

I think I love home videos because they are raw, un-edited, authentic glimpse into people's lives played out on the camera... and they always happen to catch what you can never explain in words. They are such sweet ways to reminisce and always seem to put me in the happiest of moods. Enjoy!

{This post is solely intended to explain & apologize as to why I probably, all to often, use my blog as a vehicle for youtube videos... }

2 comments:

Calla said...

Maybe that's why we watch reality TV? We're looking for truth, and to see if 'our' truths compare to theirs...

And since we can't trust TV anymore, we have youtube :)

(I have a serioous youtube addiction, it's quite scary!)

mrs. rains & family said...

oh my goodness, i am the SAME way! :) i actually posted this video on my facebook a few weeks ago, as i was finishing my last written exam for my degree... when i saw his overwhelming excitement and relief i teared up, and knew that i would feel the exact same way when i finally walked out of my last exam and finished this LONG journey i've been on as a mommy of a young one! :) LOVE IT!