Monday, February 15, 2010

guac.


When I went to visit my sweet friend in San Antonio, we went to a really yummy restaurant, Boudros, on the Riverwalk. The whole meal was amazing, but I could not get the table-side guacamole out of my head. Last week I searched for the recipe, jumped for joy when I found it, & decided to try it out last night as part of our Valentine's meal. It has some unique ingredients & takes more time, but it is quite possibly one of the best guacamole recipes I have ever had.
(I multiplied this recipe by six, yes six, we love us some guac... but create anyway you please. I was not very specific with measuring & very liberal with certain items.)
Boudros Guacamole:
Ingredients:
Juice of 1/4 orange (used about 1/2 cup of OJ)
Juice of 1/2 lime (used 3.5 limes)
1 avocado, seeded and scooped out of skin (used 6 large, Haas Avocados)
2 Tbsp roasted and charred Roma tomatoes, diced (I used a whole pack of cherry tomatoes, sliced, bathed them in sea salt, pepper, & olive oil, and baked at 435 degrees for around 30- 40 min, then let cool.)
1 Serrano pepper, roasted, seeded and diced (used 3 & did not roast)
1 Tbsp diced red onion (used 1/2 an onion)
1 tsp chopped cilantro (used 6 tsp., approx.)
Sea salt - to taste (I added garlic salt as well.)

Directions:
Squeeze juices into bowl, add avocado and coarsely chop. Add other ingredients except salt. Result should be crudely chopped, not mashed. Add salt to taste (more is better)

The waitress told us some great tips like, sea salt helps to not turn avocados brown & Serrano peppers work better than jalapenos for taste purposes... not just hot, but add flavor.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

POPPY FRENCH said...

I just brought 4 avocados so this will be perfect yum yum!

Mindy Rives said...

YUMMY!!! My mouth is watering!

gypsy life said...

this makes my mouth water. cabo here we come!!