Monday, June 14, 2010

lovely weekend = boring post.



You know those weekends with no or very minimal agenda? They are few & far between, but undoubtedly the absolute, positive, over-the-top BEST when they come around.
We went estate sale-ing, cooked yummy- fresh meals, worked in the yard, hit up Sonic, watched home videos of dear friends in their wee years, finished touching up (finally) some kitchen drawers, did some rearranging/nesting of our home, went to the ballet with fun chums, spray painted/ re-worked some home decor goodies that needed a face lift, purged a closet, tried multiple variations of souffles, swam with Senga, tested some new recipes on the agenda, drank Sangria, did some uninterrupted design web surfing/perusal for work & personal application one morn with coffee in hand, sewed, helped my bro shop for & decorate his new place, enjoyed sweet time at church & with the little nuggets in bitty church, and caught up on my novels. {It is a mistake to read two at once, never again will I commit to this.}

I tried this new chicken marinade that was super yummy & had to share with y'all. DELISH Chicken Marinade:
1/2 cup olive oil
2/3 cup beer
3 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/5 cup worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp chopped garlic
Cover 6-8 chicken breast for for 1-2 hours... then pop on the grill. {I halfed the recipe.} from here.

My quest for concocting the perfect banana bread recipe continued... I think I am getting closer... my problem could be I never follow directions. :) As a rule of thumb, I always double vanilla, or tweak cinnamon amounts, etc... but when I do follow directions, the goodies never seem special or over the top, it seems like something is always missing... so right now, my journey is working on combining many multiple recipes and playing with levels. We'll see... I'll keep you posted. :)
Happy Monday!