Thursday, July 8, 2010

Romesco Sauce.



I have found a new obsession: Romesco Sauce
I just had to share. Its a sauce that they use in Spain & Italy pretty regularly on just about anything & everything.

We spread it all over crusty, fresh bread, crackers and even dipped bell peppers in it... I am smitten. While it does take a bit to make, it makes a sufficient amount & keeps for up to a week in the fridge. You can even spread it over fish or pasta... the sky's the limit.

Recipe via Tyler Florence:
Romesco Sauce

Ingredients
3 tomatoes, halved
10 garlic cloves (I used 12-13)
2 slices crusty bread
1/2 cup whole almonds, with skin
1/2 cup hazelnuts or pine nuts (I used sea salt hazelnuts)
1 pimento or roasted red pepper (I roasted a red bell pepper)
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
3/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoons kosher salt
3 tablespoons olive oil

Directions
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Arrange the tomatoes, garlic, bread, and nuts on a baking sheet; roast for 10 to 15 minutes. ( I roasted my red bell pepper here, too.)
Transfer to a food processor and pulse to roughly break up. Add the pimentos, vinegar, oil, and paprika. Pulse again until well combined, add salt. This sauce is best if allowed to rest so the flavors can meld (may be made a day in advance).

mmm. mmmm. Thank me later. :)

No comments: