Monday, December 6, 2010

NY.





We spent a few days in New York last week... and I have to admit, the food was quite possibly the highlight this trip. (Thank you SSS.) I wish I was better at remembering to document our culinary par-takings before we devour them. We had everything from truffle oil mac-n-cheese & fried Oreos to goat cheese omelets and rich cheese burgers.

We love New York, & try to work in a trip whenever we can. I had the privilege of doing an internship with Bergdorf one summer about 6 or 7 years ago, and at the time, felt like I had tackled figuring out where everything was & had gotten out of the touristy rut. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly the city changes... and how lost once again I can feel. Every time we go, things you remember in one location can quickly disappear & seemingly seconds later, someone snatches up the real estate & some other great new little venue or shop is in its place.

This trip we ventured over to Williamsburg Brooklyn (first stop off the L, over the East River) & got out of the chaos of the city for the afternoon. We loved it. It is a quiet, hipster little town... with quaint little boutiques, restaurants, and art galleries. You also can catch an amazing view of Manhattan... I easily think it was one of my favorite things we've done.

I wish I had remembered to look this up earlier in the day... D*Sponge's City Guide for Brooklyn. I love all their city guides, but this one was especially useful... for that matter, check them all out. I know most people know about them & they are old news... however, sometimes it is fun to look up your own hometown & get some fresh ideas on eateries or shopping locales. They are also ALWAYS updating them... so keep them at your fingertips & you will not be disappointed.

{More pics to come... my husband took ALOT. These poor quality ones or from my little iphone.} Happy Monday!

1 comment:

sara said...

Still so sad I missed you and Ryan :( And did you meet Rusty for lunch at Cafe Colette? I love that place!