Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Belated NY Resolutions.

While I am aware that I am a) incredibly late AND b) extremely cliche for posting New Years' resolutions... I thought hmmm, what the heck... so thus far & furthermore in 2011 I vow to attempt or keep up with these silly & not-so silly resolutions:
Paint my fingernails more & make them more girl-ified. (ie. take/ make time to just sit still long enough to achieve an opaque color on my typers.)
Embrace my inner redhead... I. am. a. redhead. I grew up as redhead... but, I am not a red head so much anymore? I don't dye my hair at all, but much to my mother's dismay, I have somewhat grown out of it, if that is possible... however, I have the fair skin & freckles that tend to come with the territory. 2011 will be a repeated mantra to myself of wearing sunscreen daily & not feeling the need to lay for hours in the beating rays to make myself a non-existent tan. {Does this make you very happy mom? :) }
Be in the word more daily. period. We all need more of Jesus.
"And the one on whom seed was sown on the good soil, this is the man who hears the word and understands it; who indeed bears fruit and brings forth, some a hundredfold, some sixty, and some thirty." Matthew 13:23
Learn how to make & master the art of baking macaroons... this skill will be delightful to have for the many upcoming baby showers, birthday parties, & kids events that will be, without a doubt, part of our new normal in the next few years.
Keep trying new recipes & if I fail... pick myself up & try again. I love trying new dishes, however, I tend to wrongly think I know better than Mrs. Julia Child's herself sometimes & add in my own things here and there. Sometimes I make myself very proud... others, well... I have to pick myself up, scrap it, and try again... this time, following the directions. I was NEVER very good at following the directions.
Find a great pair of all-purpose scissors... my parents got me an awesome 5-piece Martha Stewart set for the kitchen that cuts anything from herbs to poultry... however, now I am now looking for the perfect pair for my new craft table. One that perfectly cuts paper, fabric, etc. Still searching...
Find a way to create some open shelving in our kitchen... I love the look of it. Love it. Such a fun way to display & access the everyday.
Master the art of HTML & CSS... Oh, the possibilities. It opens a whole new world & a whole new avenue for design work. I know the basics... but once you know the basics, you realize very quickly that the basics are 1% of the whole shebang.
And finally, and on everyone's list (the gym attendance numbers alone prove this) wake up & get my day started with a workout. My consistency tended to waver the last month or so in 2010 - so 2011 is about getting myself there.

Happy Tuesday! Its almost Friday, right?

No comments: