Monday, June 4, 2012

floating installations.





So it has been so unbelievably long since I posted... not sure if its the fact that mommyhood has gotten the best of me, or that other forms of social media ( ie Pinterest & Instagram) have become more enticing as of late with the little time I do have, but I have completely neglected this little space on the web. Sorry little blog o' mine... I plan to return soon my old friend, soon.

In the meantime, I found this artist here and was breath taken by Cornelia Parker's art. I have floated many an object in my time and, I at least, find it to be one of the most difficult, intricate, and elaborate tasks I have ever done. I love installing windows, but dread when floating with mono, wire, ribbon, etc are involved. Its an up and down the ladder, tedious, perfected science that I just don't have a knack for. Cornelia nails it... and not only are her installations perfect, but they are done with hundreds or thousands of peices of collateral. wow. I am truly blown away. Enjoy!